In Calabar, Cross River district, a newborn baby suffered burns after a lamp collapsed just after the child’s birth.
According to Big Beezy, an Instagram user who posted the incident, the child’s mother, known as Mrs Okon Daniel, went to a “traditional delivery home” to have her child, due to lack of fund to goto a proper hospital.
At the time of delivery, on Saturday, November 14, 2020, no power supply was available, so a lantern was used to illuminate the room.
Sadly, as the infant was making its way, the lamp dropped and caught fire, burning the child.
The baby was already 4 days old at the time the video was filmed and had been moved to a different hospital in Calabar for better treatment.
watch the video below;