Former Real Madrid, Christoph Metzelder, has reportedly made a confession about the accusations of possession and distribution of child pornography.
Investigators accused the 39-year-old of having possessed 297 files of child pornographic content, and he is also said to have sent 29 images and videos of a similar nature via WhatsApp to three women last year.
The former Germany international star is said to have confessed during the investigations of the public prosecutor’s office against him for the possession and distribution of child pornography.
The confession was stated in a decision by the Düsseldorf Administrative Court which was published on Monday. It states: “The result of the investigation, which is reproduced in the indictment of August 27, 2020, was based, among other things, on the confessional admission of the applicant, the testimony of a witness and seized image files.”
In addition, it states: “There is already a minimum amount of evidence, namely the applicant’s confession.”
The bombshell revelation comes after Metzelder took action to prevent the District Court from revealing to the press, either via a press release or verbally, any information about the proceedings.
Last year, Police raided the home of Metzelder and questioned him as part of the investigation.
The former defender stepped down as president of club TuS Haltern after being interrogated for allegedly having 297 files of child pornographic content, and sending 29 images and videos of a similar nature via WhatsApp to three women.
Metzelder who won the Bundesliga with Borussia Dortmund, also played for Schalke and Real Madrid during his career. He was a World Cup runner-up in 2002, having won 47 caps for his country.