According to DailyStar, The funeral of a company boss turned into a mass brawl, leaving blood spilling across a nearby bus shelter.
Police were called to awake in Reading, Berks after a clash involving 30 mourners left five people injured at about 11:30 pm on Friday.
A traffic crash spilled out onto the street added to the confusion that witnesses say ended with police removing a Mercedes car from the scene, The Sun reports.
A neighbor said, “Yesterday was a] funeral, and there was a wake that ended in confusion.”
The paramedics and police were called, and a lot of blood was in the bus shelter where someone was either stabbed or beaten.
“There was a Mercedes car involved with another vehicle in a collision.
“Loads of police arrived in vans and patrol cars and there was a lot going on for a while.”
By Saturday night, two men aged 31 and 29, had been arrested in connection with the incident.
A 31-year-old man from Reading has also been arrested on suspicion of assault and drink/drunk driving and reckless driving.
Also arrested on suspicion of affray was a 29-year-old man from Wokingham.
At this time, both remain in detention.
Thames Valley Police placed a Section 60 Warrant on the city after the violent disorder, giving them extra powers to detain and search suspects.
It is assumed that none of the seven people injured suffered life-threatening or life-changing injuries.
“Detective Superintendent Rebecca Mears said This will cause alarm in the local community, naturally, but I would like to reassure members of the public that this Order is in effect to prevent such events from happening again.
Using these enhanced powers, officers are willing, with or without fair justification to do so to stop and search anyone within a given area when it is enabled.
If you are detained by an officer, please do not panic, as this does not mean that you are in trouble.
“Do not hesitate to address any concerns you may have with one of our officers. They will be happy to address these with you and offer any advice or reassurance as well.”
Cops have called for any video to be posted to their online proof site that recorded the battle.
Detective Chief Inspector Matthew Darnell, the senior investigating officer, said This was a major disorder involving a number of men.”
We are conducting a comprehensive investigation and pursuing a range of lines of inquiry and will look to locate those involved in this incident.
In connection with this incident, we have made two arrests at this stage. At this time, they remain in custody.
We appeal to anyone with witness evidence, CCTV or cell phone footage to come forward, please.