While Zoom remains popular for its ease of use and functionality such as the ability to pop in various contexts, it is not the only video meeting app out there that allows you to do those things.
Microsoft’s Teams office messaging software, for example, also enables you to tweak the context of your meeting. Here, we’re going to show you how to change the history for the video conference teams.
Before you officially start the meeting, if you want to pick a background:
- Begin your video meeting with the teams. On the intermediate screen, you will find yourself.
- Make sure that the video in the button bar at the bottom of the screen is turned on, then turn to the background settings control (located between the video and audio controls)
- On the right, a ‘Background settings’ column will appear. Use it to blur the actual background or select from many different photos to include a fake background.
- Click on the “Add new” connection at the top of the column if you want to add your own picture. You can then select an image that will be added to the available backgrounds from your computer’s files.
- When you change your background, through your other meetings, the change will remain in place until you change it again.
You can always change your history if you’ve already begun the meeting (or entered someone else’s meeting).
- In the center of the button bar at the bottom of the screen, click on the three dots and select “Show background effects.”You’ll get the same “Background settings” column on the right, with the same ability to blur, adjust, or add new background.
- Tap on ‘Preview’ in the ‘Background settings’ column if you are in the middle of a meeting and want to test the background. In a tiny window at the bottom of the column, you will be able to see the effect; nobody else in your meeting will see it.
- Click on “Apply” until you’re satisfied with your current background (or just pick “Stop Preview” if you want to revert to your previous background).
Article Credit: The Verge