According to DailyStar, When attempting to light a candle during a Zoom conference with 30 other colleagues, a councillor mistakenly set his notepad on fire.
When the mishap occurred, City of London councillor Tom Sleigh was on a video call with the Resource Allocation Sub-Committee.
Yesterday (December 10), the Labour Party member posted the video on Twitter, which shows how he frantically puts out the flames after his pad is mistakenly ignited by the candle.
As he quickly takes hold of the situation and throws the papers off the side, he appears to yell “s**t”.
The speaker and other members of the committee appear unfazed by the incident and the meeting is continuing.
Tom told the Local Democracy Monitoring Service that when things went awry, he used a USB lighter to light a candle.
He said he had burnt his fingers badly and afterwards, he had “plunged them into a cold sink”
But as he said in the post, the councilman made light of the mishap: “Today didn’t go as smoothly as I hoped.”