The state governor of Katsina, Aminu Masari, says that no ransom has been paid for the release of the 344 abducted Kankara schoolboys.
In an interview with DWTV Hausa on Thursday, December 17, the governor confirmed this.
When asked whether a ransom was paid prior to the boys’ release, he said,
“We didn’t pay the kidnappers a ransom, it was merely a negotiation.”
Governor Masari said, revealing how the students were released,
One hour ago, Nigerian soldiers and government officials involved in the talks for the release of the abducted schoolboys told us that 344 of the schoolboys had been released.
My counselor, some top military and police operatives, members of Miyetti Allah, are those involved in the negotiation.
He also said Boko Haram was not the one who kidnapped the boys.
“They are bandits, not Boko Haram, who kidnapped the schoolboys,” he said.